When you might consider home care
We understand your desire to remain at home, even when illness threatens your independence. The initial evaluation takes place in your current residence – home, family home, assisted living center, etc. – where ever you live. Your present state of health is evaluated and a review is completed to determine appropriate services. With the approval of your physician, an at home plan of care is developed. Your team of nurses and/or therapists will begin working with you to reach your healthcare goals.
Home care may be the answer if...
- You have been newly diagnosed with a medical condition.
- You have a chronic medical condition that has become unstable.
- You are having a recurrence of a past medical condition.
- You have multiple medical conditions and need assistance understanding the medical care required.
- You were recently discharged from a hospital, skilled nursing or rehabilitation facility.
- You are currently a resident of an assisted living or residential care facility.
- You are recovering from a surgical procedure.
- You have been prescribed new medication.
- You have multiple medications and need assistance understanding the medications (i.e., when/how to take them, side effects, potential interactions between the medications, etc.)
- You need wound care.
- You need rehabilitation services – physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy.
- You need on-going care of catheters, tube feedings, etc.
The above is only a partial list of the many services we provide. Infinity’s team of in-home skilled nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech language therapists, home health aides and medical social workers provide services for patients who exhibit a range of symptoms and situations. If you think you or your loved one need care, call your
local Infinity branch. Professionals are available to answer your questions.